Tuesday 10 May 2011

Vintage "Layouts and Cutting Out" Guide

I was sifting through my vintage dressmaking patterns the other day (for something very fun and exciting which I will share with you all later in the week - so keep watching this space!) and I came across this interesting document folded up in with one of the patterns:


You'll probably need to double click on the image to be able to read it properly, but it's a simple guide to layouts and cutting out patterns. I'm not an expert in vintage patterns at all, so perhaps this used to be something that came with patterns - but since it's printed very differently than the instructions I was wondering if maybe a previous owner popped it into the pattern envelope for reference! Has anyone seen this before and might be able to shed some light on this guide?

Either way, I thought it was fun, and could be a useful guide for a beginner seamstress to refer to - so feel free to copy the image and print it out if you like!
Do let me know if it is easy enough to read - if not, I can type it out in a blog post if anyone asks.
Related Posts with Thumbnails