Monday 7 March 2011

Jen's Bag

As I mentioned in this post, I have been busy bag making again. This time I made a reversible tote bag for an old friend (Jen) who reminded me recently that she was 'owed' a 'Suzie Bag'!!

She's a bit of a tomboy, so my usual glam clutch wasn't going to be her style so I thought I'd make something a bit different. I have been wanting to try making a tote out of a man's shirt for a while so I played around a bit and came up with this:


As you can see, I kept the front buttons but decided to flip them round so that they made a fun detail at the top of the bag.

As I said, I made it reversible...so here's the inside-out version:

 This side is made out of brown linen which I bought with Jen when we were travelling around Australia (for that added extra meaning!) and I made a pocket out of one of the shirt cuffs and some left over fabric. The straps are made from the same shirt and linen but you see the opposite fabric to the side you are using (if that makes sense!).

Hope she likes it! I took photos of the process so I plan to make a tutorial on how to make it...soon!

3 comments:

  1. You did wonderful with this bag. I love the fabric and the buttons. I haven't sewed a tote yet. Maybe I will. Your friend is so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gina - thanks for your sweet comment, and I'm so glad you liked my bag. You should definately try sewing a tote - they are so easy I made a beach bag last year and I use it ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments - they really do make my day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails