Tuesday 29 March 2011

Monochromatic Love

Today I have another finished bag to show you. I have been wanting to try out another pattern from Keyka Lou, who wrote the pattern for the curvy clutch which I have made a good few times now (here, here and here) so I opted for her Sweetheart Shopper as I thought it was a good contrast to the clutch - a bit more casual, everyday and able to hold a lot more.

As always, my default fabric for trying out patterns is a fun Ikea print - cheap and cheerful! Also, because it's upholstery weight, it is perfect for bags as it gives it more structure and I don't have to use interfacing (most times).



(this shot is the other side of the bag - slightly different pattern)

The lining is made with black cotton, as are the straps and trim. It also has an internal zip pocket. This was a new technique for me and I was so pleased with the result - I love it when you learn a new technique!!!

End result - I love this bag!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails