Friday 9 March 2012

OWOP–I’m Joining In!

image

As I’m sure most have you have heard, Tilly, from Tilly and the Buttons, is hosting a really fun ‘mini’ project at the end of this month, called ‘One Week, One Pattern’ or OWOP! It’s a great idea and one that a lot of people are going to be joining in…including me!

I had mentioned before that I would like to share my drafted pattern for my cowl neck top (which I’m calling the Primrose Cowl Top), and therefore I want to sew up a few versions in different fabrics to make sure it’s suitable and make any final tweaks. This means that I’m going to have quite a few versions of this top…which leaves me in the perfect situation for the OWOP challenge!

The other reason I thought I would use the Primrose top for my challenge is that it can be dressed up or down and so should be ideal for the chosen week of 24th – 30th March as I will be chaperoning 15 Kosovan delegates around Northern Ireland (lol, don’t ask…my job is difficult to explain!) and need to look smart. The top should lend itself well to being paired with pencil skirts and suits. It’s also my Fiancé's birthday on the 31st, so I may just be a rebel and extend my challenge by a day and wear one of the tops out for his celebration (which will also be a combined engagement party too!).

At the moment I have the top made up in two fabrics:

purple cowl top 027 

image

And I have plans to make it up in these as well:

image

image

And I have pale blue and bright red drapey fabrics that I bought in the sale especially for this top (no photos at the moment, sorry). I just have to work up the courage to actually CUT into the Liberty fabrics!

That should keep me going for a week I think!

So, who else is joining in?

Related Posts with Thumbnails