Wednesday 14 December 2011

Mini Handbags


I aluded to a couple of little handbags that I made from my nieces Christmas presents on this post, but then promptly forgot to take proper photos of the bags - well done me! One got shipped off to Australia on the 5th December (last posting day for Oz, I love a deadline!) and then I was merrily packing up the second one to post to England when I realised I should take a few quick snaps to share with you!

These are made using the Keyka Lou Half Moon handbag pattern (I can't seem to find the pattern on her website, perhaps she isn't selling it anymore), which I also used to make a black and silver bag earlier this year. Because I was making them for a 5 and a 7 year old I thought I should down-size the pattern, so these are reduced by 20%. I was worried that it might make it a bit fiddly to work with, but it turned out fine.


The inside is lined with pink polka-dots (which you may recognise) and I used a mini magnetic snap (so cute!). Having studied Geology at University I really should know better than to take a photo of a subject without including a scale, so you will just have to believe me when I tell you that the bags is about 7inches across!

I'd love to get some photos of the bags in action, but since I don't see my nieces very often (such a shame) I can't promise anything, but I'll see what I can do.

Is anyone else making any Christmas presents this year? Have you got them all done or are you still frantically working away?! I'd love to see what you have been working on - do post a link of you have blogged about them.
Related Posts with Thumbnails