Monday 2 June 2014

Me Made May : Week 5

Su Sews So So MMM14 Week 5 1

Day 26: A Girl for All Seasons Cambie dress. Yeay – I was excited to finally get a chance to wear this dress! I was just going for coffee with my friends and to be honest I did feel a bit over-dressed. I think it’s still a little bit out of my comfort zone, which is funny because I really love it. How does that work?

Day 27: Back to my faithful Jenny skirt and self-drafted cowl top. What can I say, these two have been my saviours of MMM14!

Su Sews So So MMM14 Week 5 2 Day 28: It’s the Jenny skirt again

Day 29: It wasn’t quite warm enough for it, but I decided that it would be my last opportunity to wear this Ikat Sheath dress so I piled on the layers. And do you know what, I’m so glad I did. I love this dress but it’s such lightweight cotton I have always thought that it is only suitable for really hot days – turns out a few layers and this dress can be worn all year round (almost)!

Su Sews So So MMM14 Week 5 3Day 30: Fireworks jersey skirt. Easiest skirt I have ever made, but I really love it. It’s a good example of how important the fabric is! A friend in work asked if my skirt was French Connection, so I recon this skirt is a winner!

Day 31: OH MY GOD I DID IT!!!!! Final day of MMM14. I was going to a ‘Vintage Tea Party’ but since it was still May, had to stick to non-vintage. I ended up going with the Cambie dress again though because I thought it had enough vintage elements to it. It was so much of fun to wear (with matching pale blue nails) and I got a lot of compliments on the dress so I declare it a success!

MMM has definitely taken over this blog for the last month so if you are fed up of seeing my selfies I promise I won’t drag it out too much longer – I’ll be back very soon with my final round-up of the challenge and then we are DONE!

Related Posts with Thumbnails