Wednesday 9 May 2012

A little bit Shifty

Oh dear, just when I announce that I'm back on the blog, my computer crashes!! Anyway, it's working again and I'm back - again!!

As promised, here is the second shift dress that I completed recently:


This is the same pattern as my Ikat and Lace dress, New Look 6643. Because I made it immediately after it was very quick. I even used my Ikat and Lace dress to get the sizing - laying it onto the pieces and drawing on the seamlines. Not sure quite how accurate that was though because this dress is tighter than the original! Fortunately the fabric has a little bit of stretch in it. Turns out that I really like the fit of this dress, it's a bit more flattering.


The pink flower brooch was made using this tutorial. It is really easy and so much fun to make!! I recommend you give it a go!! I'm actually thinking about incorporating it into my wedding in some shape or form. If I do, I'll let you guys know.


The zip for this version is a regular one, which I handpicked - such a great method! I've definitely jumped on that bandwagon, and I don't regret it one bit!!! Some detail shots of both dresses:



Related Posts with Thumbnails